27 April 2011

violence is only the answer to a question left unasked

Hey asshole,

You are the most selfish fucking piece of shit. Words cannot express the depths to which I despise you right now, these mere guttural utterances ring hollow in the cavern of violence I would do you right now if you were within reach. Why threaten to off yourself when I'll gladly do it for you? I swear to whichever godless heathen bitch you picked up in that bar, you're not stupid enough to just go and die out of boredom, that's not your style. If ending it all is what you want, you'll end more than just yourself if for no other reason than to keep you amused while you die. You'll do something so colossally stupid that it can only be intentional, and you'll make sure no one knows what's going on. You wouldn't reach out for help, you were just fucking with me.

You had to have been.

Why would you possibly turn to me if you were serious? I'm nothing, I'm just someone who hasn't pissed you off enough yet to have been sloughed off. I'm the parasite to your insanity, growing fatter the thinner you become. You've never needed me, you can't need me if I need you to be whole and broken and wholly broken off from reality to provide me with the sanity I need just to stay adrift. I wouldn't be half the man I am today without you, how can you need me? You helped create me. What could I ever possibly be to you for you to turn to me for help?

Oh shit, what if you really were turning to me for help? Should I have called you and talked until you got so sick of my voice that you agreed to live just to shut me up? Should I have said something gushy and sappy? Should I have put my book down and paid attention to you? Should I not have challenged your assertion? Why would you turn to me, I don't know how to do this! There are people who know what to do in these situations much better than I. Asking for my help is a death wish (!!!) of ineptitude. You couldn't have meant it. There's no way.

I hope you have the world's worst hangover tomorrow morning, and I don't care how sober you were tonight.

Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment