03 April 2011

Letter to my beliefs

Dearest Ashley,
When you leave I die a little.  Piece by piece I float softly to the ground.  All to guide your callased Scandanavian feet across time and difference. 
When you are here I feel your soft leather.  You become the cand around my neck.  Holding me tight to the lumbering carriage of your Sunday sojourns. 
Nestled tightly between my muscle's spread thin fibers.  You use my strength to weaken me.  You use my scar tissue for the foundation of your brutal home. 
I love you.
You were the one who never purchased what I was selling.  The one who left my buskerker's hat empty while I danced for the crowd. 
I love you.
Where so many provided the small of their backs for my German foot to land; you bent my English back to kneel before you.  When others anointed me with oil; you only laughed before dining on my freshly glazed flesh.
I love you.
I wish you would stay.  I want you to destroy me.  To rip limb from socket and beat me within an inch of meeting the eternal nothing.

I know I could never keep you, but you can wear me around your neck.  A medal displaying your power, vigor, and valor.

Forever Yours

X

No comments:

Post a Comment