21 April 2011

Play the Game But Don't Game the Play

Dear predatorial smile;

Fuck you and your unnerving presence. I don't care how many faces you appear on or how unexpectedly you do so, I will never succumb to your seductive curves. The teeth shining out from your lips give me all the warning I need; to quoth the rave- nevermore! I've explored the depths of your pouting folds, I've seen the damage of your bite, I should know better by now than to be taken in by the power of your intensity.

You've kept me captive before- velvet gloves over iron fist. I've been helpless in your radiance, you've taken what you wanted from me before and still demanded more. I have nothing left to give. Leave me and bereave me of your presence, let me live in the shadows, I am burning in your light. Quench the pain and let me breathe freely once more, remove me from your fiery gaze.

I've seen you appear in the mirror too; I've felt you on my face when faced with a malleable new fresh face just begging to be taken over. I've overtaken your adrenal grace to paw at the lace binding my new prey, praying for it all to be over, for I am as much at your mercy as my victim is. It doesn't matter which side of the smile I find myself, this is no victimless crime. I am captive to the rhythm of the seduction, be it directed at me or directed by me. I am the author of my own destruction and construction and restruction; constricted by the constraints of time and space which exist in continuum, you manage to exist in a vacuum and vacuum the life from me when you caress me so swiftly.

What do you want? You already have me at your mercy, the power should have gone to your head by now and made you weak. Why must you continue to haunt me so? I've given up everything I am to your every whim and vim, your rigorous vigor shatters my vigil every time. I lay awake at night dreading the anticipation that foreshadows your sudden appearance, anticipating the dread that builds in your absence. This half life of the waking dead that I walk while you are away only makes your brief shining visits all the more cloyingly horrifying. This is no ploy, I want you gone for good. No more shall your glistening lips tongue my days and shake me from this dreary existence. I've never been more alive than when captive to your glorious tango, but this is no way to live.

Please release me from your hold. I shall never be free to join you if you don't let me leave.

Forever yours,

a caged songbird 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry but I cannot help the smooth parting of ivory teeth, the slip and slide of flesh over enamel parting ways for slips of tongues into cheeks of the soon to be lost numbers.

    ReplyDelete