27 June 2011

To the thing I never wanted (sorry for the Objectification)

Dear Y,

This morning I sat, coffee in hand, eagerly awaiting the new bland.  Just then, as I contemplated the touch and smell of a new pen, I saw, through the very corner of my left eye, a brief flicker of the most spectacular red yellow shift.  For a brief moment I was a drift, and not in my normal sea of loneliness, but instead an ocean of, let us say, happiness. 

Was I in your tender arms again? 
Was I lost in this embrace? 
Turning face after face in an attempt to impress and transfer dress to mess. 

What is this place?
This smell? 
Is it heaven or is it Hell? 

And just as it came it went leaving me with only the warmth of the cup in my hand and a meaningless longing to stand.  I tried to place a meaning to derive a reason for this quick gleaming.  None came to mind and soon mind came to none.  The reciprocation of this vacation from thick thought. 

What was clear is you were still a simple not.  Lost long to time and if only your memory could be left behind, but I am tormented and fear I will soon be fermented by this consistent longing.  The ice I have frozen is thin and I want to skate on. 

Now please do not have any confusion, or develop the illusion that I would want you back.  My dear it is just the opposite, in fact, I'd prefer you stay away.  This flame burns bright and will soon burn out of sight and you may only get a wisp of black smoke. 

Sincerely,

X

No comments:

Post a Comment