09 June 2011

The Curiously Curated Cure

Don't be scared, love, come out and play. The water's safe, the coast is clear, and I'll stay near. The grass is soft beneath my toes, it knows nothing of your woes. Don't be afraid to lose yourself, I'll come find you in our never-ending game of hide and seek. Nothing can come between my nose and my prey, and I've been praying to know you. To nuzzle you and muzzle you with mine. Your eyes shine as if you know, but you plead ignorance and innocence, yet your hands tell a different story. Your eyes rake across my body, yet feign confusion at this marvelous illusion. What did you expect, something permanent and perfect on your first try? Sorry sweetie, that's not how this works. You take what you can get and learn to love the sweet promise of a goodbye from the very first doomed hello. 


No comments:

Post a Comment