18 March 2011

To My City

Dear Stadt,

Hi,

How are you doing?  You okay?  You seem so distant... are you distracted? 

You know when I first met you I had high hopes we could be friends.  You were so pretty and confident.  Always shining no matter the storm.  Slowly though I came to realize this was just the surface. 

You my friend are narcissistic, and completely delusional.  That's understandable though.  Your whole life everyone has thrown money at you and told you just how amazing and important you are.   It's no wonder the people that call you friend feel the same way about themselves.  After all you will shelter, clothe and feed them better than could have ever hoped for.  You are a dream and a nightmare.  Mostly though you are self indulgent and forgetful.  You see many people give you everything you ask for, and you continue to grow and to prosper, but you have forgotten those who put you where you are.  Hell you have even forgotten parts of yourself. 

To focused on your face and presentation you seem to be missing the cancers growing around your waist.  They are secret and you keep them hidden but they still swell.  Slowly creating their own vascular structure and leaching the nutrients which currently keep you alive.  Yes you can maintain this relationship for a while, but my friend it is not symbiotic.  They are not returning you any favors.   They will drain you and you will inevitably die. 

Someone needs to tell you this.  I want you to help yourself.  I am done trying to help you my friend.  I have bled on your cereal for too long.  I can bleed no more without whithering away.  For that I am sorry. 

So my dear, I must soon pay you a final farewell, and leave you to your cancers.  Do with them what you please.  I wish you the best.  I really do. 

Sincerely,

The Friend You Never Noticed

No comments:

Post a Comment