15 March 2011

Fuck It All

Dear Abby,

I'm a grown adult woman, and I've only now just discovered the joys of promiscuity. I've never had any illusions about pre-martial sex being a sin or anything, and I've never thought that the person I was with would be the only person I'd ever have sex with again, but it never occurred to me to have sexual relations with several men within the same time span. I'm not talking gang bangs or threesomes, just one person at a time. Just, explicit non-exclusivity. God, it's awesome.

I was so worried about being considered a whore, and then I thought, hey, who gives a fuck? I don't need to be advertising my sexual habits to everyone. As long as I'm careful, as long as I'm responsible about who I fuck and am honest with everyone about the situation, what's the harm? Is this really such a bad thing?

I mean, clearly there's no room for misinterpretation or mistakes if I'm honest. As long as I'm conscientious about it, there can be no miscommunication, right? It might seem like I'm simply exhibiting the hubris of youth, but I'm totally responsible. Really for realzies, I am.

And what's the worst that could happen, anyway? I've been tested, I know which diseases each person has and have been assured that it's all under control. We all use protection every time, because no one wants to risk that. I mean, the one guy has a wife, and the other guy has a couple new flings every few months or so. And I sure as hell don't want to get pregnant, I've got to finish school and am in no position to take care of a baby, financially speaking. And then I'd have to figure out who the father is, I don't think either of them would take too kindly to such a squealing messy intrusion into their carefully crafted lives. Man, it's a good thing we're all so responsible. I'd hate to have to deal with all that crap.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is whether I'm a whore or a feminist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment